incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc3
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:21:08 GMT
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Rob Weir wrote:
> I was reading this as a two-stage ballot, where we first voted in the
> PPMC and then started another ballot in the IPMC.  Both had to pass to
> have a release.  But it sounds like you are saying this could be done
> simultaneously?

You need to get 3 IPMC +1s. Normally you hold the vote on your dev list,
and have the PPMC and mentors review it. Assuming no problems are found,
if you need more IPMC votes then you go to general@ to continue the vote
(letting them know how it has gone so far). Otherwise, IIRC you just need
to notify general@ and make sure no-one spots a problem

> So what can we do now?  Forward the original voting post to the IPMC

Nope, we need to fix the issues identified and roll another release for
voting

Nick