incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc3
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:16:25 GMT
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011, Devin Han wrote:
> After two RC version, a new candidate for the ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating
> release is available  at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~devinhan/odftoolkit-release/odftoolkit-0.5-incubating-rc3/

Ideally we should have MD5 and SHA1 hashes for all of these files
(currently missing) and GPG signatures (only available for the -src). Any
chance you could upload these too? (These could be added now, it wouldn't
need a re-vote, but they should be added before release)

In the all the zips, LICENSE.txt and HEADER.txt seem to have very broken
line endings. Inside the jars the files look fine, so I'm not sure what's
up there. . Might not be relase blocking, but should be looked at - are
the svn props correct on them?

One likely blocker though is the names of the jars and poms within the
artifacts. At Apache, we vote not only on the state of the source code
that goes into a release, but on the release artifacts themselves. The
voted on artifacts are then moved straight to dist if approved. The
problem is that these files contain jars with -rc3 in their names, and if
the vote passed the files would need to be -FINAL instead. As the file
names are inside the release artifacts that won't be changed, that's a
problem.

I think therefore we need to re-cut the release with artifacts with the
correct names, then do another vote. That could also be a chance to fix
the line endings in the release files, and include the hashes and
signatures from the start

(If you look on general@incubator at some of the other podlings doing
releases, you'll hopefully see the way it's normally done for maven based
projects)

On a slight related note, I've setup the directory on people ready to
receive the final files (vote permitting), and added the KEYS file. It's
/www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/odftoolkit once we're ready

Nick