incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc3
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:46:05 GMT
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Devin Han wrote:
>>
>> *The vote passes if there are at least 3 +1's from the PPMC/IPMC members
>> and more +1's than -1's. This is what is meant by majority consensus. If
>> you've gotten this far, congratulations, you're nearly ready to upload and
>> announce the release.*
>

> I think that wording isn't great. As it says just below, all releases must
> get PMC approval, which for podlings means IPMC approval, so 3 IPMC +1 votes

I was reading this as a two-stage ballot, where we first voted in the
PPMC and then started another ballot in the IPMC.  Both had to pass to
have a release.   But it sounds like you are saying this could be done
simultaneously?

So what can we do now?  Forward the original voting post to the IPMC,
and let that ballot run for another 72 hours (or until needed to get
three +1's or for someone to detect a problem) ?  Would that work?  Or
start a new IPMC ballot?

-Rob