incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc3
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:53:00 GMT
Hi Nick,

Maybe I misunderstood something. But this document[1] has the following

*The vote passes if there are at least 3 +1's from the PPMC/IPMC members
and more +1's than -1's. This is what is meant by majority consensus. If
you've gotten this far, congratulations, you're nearly ready to upload and
announce the release.*

In my opinion, vote can be considered as pass in dev list, when got 3 +1's
votes, no matter they were from PPMC members or IPMC members.

We only have 3 mentors and not sure all of your guys are IPMC members,
while other IPMC members are not in this list. Maybe, it's impossible to
get 3 +1's from IPMC members in the dev list...

We have an additional voting on general@incubator in order to gain that
IPMC's approval.  In that mail list, it is possible to get 3 +1's votes.

Is it right?

Anyway, I am preparing RC4 following your comments.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#note-votes

--
-Devin