incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] odftoolkit-0.5-incubating-rc2 is ready
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 19:42:58 GMT
Hi all,

It has been dawn of Saturday in China. I fulfill my promise that supply RC2
for discussion in this week.

The candidate for the ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc2 release is available
at:

http://people.apache.org/~devinhan/odftoolkit-release/odftoolkit-0.5-incubating-rc2

SVN Tag:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/tags/0.5-incubating-rc2/

Change Notes:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/tags/0.5-incubating-rc2/CHANGES.txt

Thank you for your feedbacks for RC1. Compared to RC1, the improvement in
RC2 includes:

1. Add third parties' full licenses to LICENSE file and clear NOTICE file
with "required third-party notices" and
"copyright notices moved from source files submitted to the ASF".
2. Clear JavaDoc warning message, such as change 'see {@odf.attribute
${attribute}}''@' to 'see {&#64;odf.attribute
${attribute}}', as '@odf.attribute' have to be masked.
3. Fix #ODFTOOLKIT-297# Test:
testGetLanguage(org.odftoolkit.simple.meta.OfficeMetaTest) failed when the
platform
language is not 'Chinese'.
4. Updated resolved bug list and a broader contributor list in CHANGES.txt.
5. Created document README.txt, which includes the instructions for how to
build, document resources(website link,
sample codes, demos, users/devs mailing list, JIRA for issues, etc.)
6. To avoid legal risk, remove ODF and MathML schemas from SVN repository
and update pom.xml to download the schemas
automatically as needed. The result is build process cost more time and
maybe failed caused by bad network status.
7. Remove the duplicated configuration of maven-assemply-plugin in Simple
API pom.xml line 390.
8. Update pom.xml to generate a more simple and clear directory structure
for the bin package.

Waiting for new feedback.

--
-Devin