incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Standalone "mvn clean" fails
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:40:00 GMT
It turns out that standalone "mvn clean" fails if "mvn install" wasn't
called before.

Checkout trunk on a machine with empty local repo. Try "mvn clean" and
it will fails.

Now run "mvn install". The ODFToolkit jars are now in the local repo.
Try "mvn clean" and it works.

Delete the generated artifacts from local repo. "mvn clean" doesn't
work any longer.

Yegor

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> 2011/12/22 Yegor Kozlov <yegor.kozlov@dinom.ru>
>
>> I can reproduce it with Sun JDK 1.6.26 and Maven 3.0.3 on Win7 and Linux.
>>
>> My use case is to make a change, run "mvn test" and then check status
>> with "svn status".
>> Since the Validator module downloads .rng schemas from internet I see
>> many not versioned files and this is annoying.
>>

> I use Oracle JDK 1.6.0_29, still can reproduce it...
>
> I am preparing RC6 and want to know whether this issue is a blocker for the
> first release?

I'd rather not release with failing "mvn clean".
Do you have anything special in Maven settings ? The behavior was the
same on both WIn7 and Ubuntu:

- checkout trunk
- mvn install -Ppedantic

Do you have