incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating(RC6)
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 20:28:15 GMT
I don't quite understand. Is commenting sub-modules a required step?

Pointing to  a "please remove the commented block" document is not a good idea.
The contents of a release MUST match the corresponding tag in SVN. The
release manager signs the release to prove that.Now we have a
situation when a file in the assembly differs from SVN and this is not
good.

Secondly, people download source releases to build artifacts. They
expect to  unpack the distribution archive, read build instructions in
README.txt and build. In our case "mvn install" should work out of the
box without any tricks and hacks and modifications.

Yegor