incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODF Toolkit 0.5-incubating-rc3
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:56:58 GMT
Davin,

Sorry for my belated feedback. I have some questions:

(1) The required version of Java should be stated more clearly:
ODFTollkit requires JDK 1.6+.

The "Getting Started" section of README.txt says "The ODF Toolkit is
based on Java 5" but this is too broad.  I had no luck compiling the
project under JDK 1.5.22.

(2) How are you going to release the Maven artifacts?

Ideally, you stage the release for a vote on the ASF staging repo:
http://repository.apache.org. This is the recommended way to go for
Maven-based projects, see
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

(3) The build process talks too much. I see hundreds of messages
starting with INFO and WARNING: they seem to come from
java.util.logging.* which redirects everything to stdout if no loggers
are defined. This should be easy to correct by placing a
logging.properties file in the classpath.

I would like to see (1) corrected. (2) and (3) are desirable but if it
is hard I'm OK to wait until the next release.

Yegor