incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to handle the downloads and visitors?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:43:57 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I get this document[1] from ASF website. It sounds like ASF encourage us to
> use Google analytics <http://www.google.com/analytics/en-GB/index.html> to
> gain a reasonable download estimate. Actually lots of succesful projects
> use it.

We used Google Analytics at the ODF Toolkit Union, and it worked well
there.  I think it would be good if we continued using it.

The terms of service [i] for Google Analytics requires that we (as a
user of their service) have a privacy policy and that the privacy
policy "must provide notice of your use of a cookie that collects
anonymous traffic data."  So the examples you give, from other Apache
projects, are good models.

[i]: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/tos.html