incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Mentors help me!
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:13:06 GMT
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Svante Schubert wrote:
> If this project would like to setup a continuous integration via a
> Huson/Jenkins server, are there already running systems, where we can
> take the environment as the default and adapt that to our needs?

There are four build systems available, for details see:
      http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html#build

The first step is to pick which one to use, Jenkins and BuildBot are the
two popular ones. (Lots of projects also run Gump as well, but often more
to check if there are upcoming dependency changes that'll affect things)

Next step is to get a build script (usually either Ant or Maven) that does
the build and test steps in one go.

Finally, someone needs to volunteer to set it up. We'll then get/grant
that person appropriate karma and they should be away!

Nick