incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Source code checked in, what next?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:31:05 GMT
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Rob Weir wrote:
> I've been playing around with it for most of the day, but just realized
> that the notification was just via JIRA, not to the list.
>
> Last night Gavin loaded our dump file.
>
> You can grab our code at:   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/trunk

Great news. I've updated the project status page:
     http://incubator.apache.org/projects/odftoolkit.html
(May take an hour or so to show up)

Once it has updated, can people check through and ensure all the status
entries are up to date?

> At that point, the website, the code, the issues, and the mailing
> lists are all at Apache.

How are we doing on code grants?

> We should think about what we want to put in our first release, whether
> we want to consolidate the work we already have and do a quick release
> (say in 4 weeks) or whether we want to do something more ambitious.

Before a release could happen, there are a few steps that are needed. Off
the top of my head, these include:
* Licenses of dependencies need to be checked
* NOTICE files need to be created, including dependency details if needed
* License and Incubator discalaimers need checking/adding
* Rat needs to be setup for the project, with appropriate excludes
* Missing license headers (as identified by Rat) need to be resolved
* The release process needs documenting

These things can be a bit of a faff on the first release, but they make
life much much easier going forward, so it's worth tackling them soon (and
they need doing before the first release)

Nick