incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source code checked in, what next?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:34:13 GMT
On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> My understanding is that it is not permissible to remove Copyright notices.  In the
absence of an SGA, this has to be treated as third-party code under a friendly license.

Read the rest of the thread.  We are talking about getting an SGA for this code.

And I'm pretty sure I have the ability to remove IBM copyright notices
and consolidate into NOTICE.txt

> There are web pages on the Apache site that cover this and the case of an SGA that grants
a license to Apache.

> This <http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html> describes how code that is
directly contributed is identified.

> Note that this is different than for code written entirely within the project.  If the
copyright owner does not make the contribution and perform one of the 3 steps, the third-party
works case applies.