incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue tracker import: questions from Apache Infra
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:26:11 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> 2011/9/8 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>
>
>> Making some progress on the import from BZ to JIRA:

>> Note the sample import, but also some remaining questions:
>>
>> "To do the live import I'll need the following information:
>> 1. Import as two separate projects or as a single project?
>> 2, Project name(s)
>> 3. Preferred project key(s)
>> 4. Jira user name for project lead(s)
>> 5. Destination e-mail address for notifications"

I've explored a little bit on how other projects handle this.   Here
is an example of how one project uses JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#10401

So it looks like a single Apache project can have multiple JIRA
"projects".  And the project key is an all-caps alphanumeric name for
the project.

The current BZ projects from the ODF Toolkit Union are:

aodl
odfom
operations
repositorytest
simple
test2598

Of those, we only care about "odfdom", "simple".  It doesn't look like
Michael used issue tracking for the conformance tools or XSLTRunner.
The operations tracker was for site related issues and is not needed.
And we've given the AODL DB to Darius and he is moving it elsewhere.

So maybe we should request the following:

BZ odfdom ==> ODFDOM (ODFDOM)
BZ simple ==> Simple API (SIMPLE)
Create new JIRA project == Conformance Tools (CONFORMANCE)
Create new JIRA project == XSLT Runner (XSLT)

-Rob