incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple API
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:37:28 GMT
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:37 AM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>

> Don't worry about this log message. It is generated by the method
> getTextPropertiesForRead() in
> org.odftoolkit.simple.style.DefaultStyleHandler.
> Logger.getLogger(CellStyleHandler.class.getName()).log(Level.INFO, "No
> explicit text properties definition is found!", "");

Hi Devin -- We should probably try to eliminate any unnecessary log
messages.  If there are no real errors then by default we should not
be writing to stderr or stdout;.  Why?  Think of the multithreaded
server scenario.  It is annoying for the server admin to have this
written to the log files, filling up their logs and making it harder
for them to find important information.  And on some servers, where
stderr is unbufffered, this can be a performance problem.  You have
multiple threads all trying to write to stderr, and blocking for
access.

-Rob