incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source code checked in, what next?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:20:53 GMT
I agree to bundle all of our larger/breaking changes in one release.  We
have moved to Apache, the user should suppose that we would have changes.
So  change is easy to accept for them. At least, large change once is much
better than small change frequently. The question is we should think what's
the changes besides package name change and simple API combines with ODFDOM.

About JDK5 or JDK6. I think in the initial release we should keep supporting
JDK5. If document encryption feature is not included, there is no reason to
update to JDK6. On the other hand, Tika will be an important user for ODF
Toolkit. We should consider their feelings and requirements. We can announce
to update JDK6 in the version which document security feature is included.
In this way, there will be enough time to push Tika team change JDK5 with
JDK6. In their opinion, JDK6 is only performance and stable enhancement
compared to JDK5, so update is not necessary.  Their thought has discussion
space...
--
-Devin