incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple API
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 06:37:35 GMT
Hi Phill,
Congratulations!  You are the first user who ask question after Simple API
moved to Apache. But no gift ;)
Please reference my comment:

2011/9/22 <Phill_Perryman@mitel.com>

> I can't seem to find any sort of support forum for the Simple API stuff.
>
> I have just started trying it out and put a simple bit of code in from the
> tutorials
>
> SpreadsheetDocument doc = SpreadsheetDocument.*newSpreadsheetDocument*();
> Table table = doc.getTableList().get(0);
> Row row = table.getRowByIndex(0);
> row.getCellByIndex(0).setStringValue("one");
> row.getCellByIndex(1).setStringValue("two");
> doc.save("c:/temp/book.ods");
>
> and it throws an error on stderr, the result actually works. Simple
> .6.6/odf 0.8.7
>
> 22-Sep-2011 11:48:35 org.odftoolkit.simple.style.DefaultStyleHandler
> getTextPropertiesForRead
> INFO: No explicit text properties definition is found!
>
> The help and everything make no mention of this and google was not very
> helpful and there is nothing in bugzilla.
>
> It does not seem very simple is the first bit of code I follow from the
> tuttorial throws and error.
>
> Could you point me in the right direction for getting some help on using
> this product.
>

> Regards,
> Phill

Don't worry about this log message. It is generated by the method
getTextPropertiesForRead() in
org.odftoolkit.simple.style.DefaultStyleHandler.
Logger.getLogger(CellStyleHandler.class.getName()).log(Level.INFO, "No
explicit text properties definition is found!", "");

When cell has no text style setting, this log will be printed (maybe we
should change its level to "DEBUG").  But I am sure it's doesn't mean your
code doesn't work well. It's just a tip or warning.

Any more question please send mail to: odf-dev@incubator.apache.org, more
nice guys will help you in there.
If you need to create an issue, please access:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT.
In our website you can get more information:
http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/simple/index.html.

--
-Devin