incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge of ODFDOM DOC package and Simple API
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 03:27:08 GMT
2011/9/23 Svante Schubert <svante.schubert@gmail.com>

> I agree with Devin to do the merge of Simple API and the ODFDOM Doc
> layer before the next feature release.
>
> Thanks for your support ;)  At least, we can remove the ODFDOM Doc layer.
Lots of bugs in it, user should drop it and turn to Simple API.

As anybody already gave some thoughts on that problem?

> One think I have observed, that the Simple API removed the Automatic
> Styles from the high-level layer, which is the right decision, but did
> added user support for style maps into the lower layer, which made the
> usage really difficult.

No, Simple API doesn't do anything on Automatic Styles... It's the work of
ODFDOM. When we adopted to ODFDOM0.8.7, we did updated some code concerned
with Automatic Styles. But it caused by ODFDOM updated, not Simple.

--
-Devin