incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentors help me!
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:20:19 GMT
Am 22.09.2011 20:13, schrieb Nick Burch:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Svante Schubert wrote:
>> If this project would like to setup a continuous integration via a
>> Huson/Jenkins server, are there already running systems, where we can
>> take the environment as the default and adapt that to our needs?
>
> There are four build systems available, for details see:
>      http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html#build
>
> The first step is to pick which one to use, Jenkins and BuildBot are
> the two popular ones. (Lots of projects also run Gump as well, but
> often more to check if there are upcoming dependency changes that'll
> affect things)

Only worked with Hudson before and would therefore pick Jenkins (the
Hudson offspring), just because I know it best.
Has anyone experience with BuildBot? I read about problems with its
window slaves in the 0.8 version (0.8.5 is out) and that Jenkins has
better out-of-the-box test result charts:
see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5653372/buildbot-vs-hudson-jenkins-for-c-continuous-integration

> Next step is to get a build script (usually either Ant or Maven) that
> does the build and test steps in one go.
Obvious we want to stick with Maven, as the only part of the project
using Ant (XSLT Runner) seems to be redundant (after providing ODFDOM
with an XSLT command line interface ).

> Finally, someone needs to volunteer to set it up. We'll then get/grant
> that person appropriate karma and they should be away!

Unfortunately, I have already volunteered at OASIS to do a
change-tracking proposal for ODF in the next weeks, therefore there is
little room for more, but if it is not done in a month, I am on it.
Any other volunteer?

> Nick
Thanks, Nick!
Svante