incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choice of JDK version (earlier -- Re: Source code checked in, what next?)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:15:36 GMT
Our project is meant as a software tool for other developers and is not
addressing the end user market.
I have observed the laziness of user, similar to the desire of stability
of user that are not changing any software of a running system at all.
The latter makes sense, but if there is sufficient test coverage there
is no problem.

I fully agree on the early adoption as acceptance killer and that the
EOL is a decision of the manufacturer.
Nevertheless there are no further security patches and there should be
some date to move on, as we are saving time in our development, becoming
more efficient.

I am curious why people stick with an old Java version and taking the
security risk?