incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project naming
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:05:29 GMT
Am 20.09.2011 01:49, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I knew I should have objected to shortening of the name to odf more strenuously.
I missed that somehow. Just suggested in the previous mail to name the
project "Apache ODF SDK"

> Hey, the nice thing about reference implementations is that there can be so many of them
[;<).
I know this saying with "standards" instead of "reference implementations".

Currently I am working on a OASIS change-tracking proposal. For
instance, I am defining what an "insert column <position>" is, by
defining the ODF XML change that has been triggered.

Instead of writing the definition directly as prose into the ODF
specification, I thought it would be wise to create some intermediate
XML dialect to generate the English prose and some XSL transformation
from it.
The future stretch goal would be to generate as well the low level XML
ODFDOM handling for the high-level Simple call. This out-of-the-box
behavior could justify the naming of a reference implementation.
But future will tell...

Regards,
Svante