incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source code checked in, what next?
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:08:29 GMT
Am 13.09.2011 00:18, schrieb Rob Weir:
> We should think about what we want to put in our first release,
> whether we want to consolidate the work we already have and do a quick
> release (say in 4 weeks) or whether we want to do something more
> ambitious.

I would favor to do a quick release without new features. Allowing us to
focus on adapting the new Apache processes and to setup the required
documentation.

I assume when we do an Apache release we need to change the Java package
names as well from odftoolkit.org to apache.org. What are the Apache
rules here?

As we know that we will be using JDK 6 for the next encryption and
signature update, we should save time by dropping the tests for EOL JDK
5, switch now to JDK 6 and adapt the pom.xml(s) accordingly.

Regards,
Svante