incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: OSGi metadata for ODFDOM
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:18:20 GMT
Hi Svante

An easy way to test the bundle manually is to install Apache Karaf [1]
(very quick) and drop odfdom.jar in Karaf's deploy directory. You'll
also need a OSGi-fied Xerces bundle [2] so the OSGi framework can
resolve that dependency. On Karaf's console you can say "list" and if
ODFDOM shows "Active", the bundle is likely to be fine. Obviously, that
doesn't tell you whether the bundle actually works (OSGi-specific class

I don't know Maven enough to say directly how you could do it, but I
think there is Maven support for Pax Exam [3] which could be used to do
that check as a unit test. I'm sure the Felix/Karaf/Aries communities
could help with that.

Anyway, I'm switching to the new Maven-built bundle now from my own
custom-built one. So I should know rather quickly if something doesn't
work.

[1] http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download.html
[2] http://www.knopflerfish.org/releases/2.1/doc/jars/xerces/xerces-2.9.1.html
[3] http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam