incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From "Pedro F. Giffuni" <>
Subject Interested in faster compression? (OOo issue 19203)
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 03:00:12 GMT

I was just reviewing some issues in's
bugzilla and I came up issue 19203, which appears to
be more related to ODF.

The original issue reads:
"use LZO archives (*very* fast zip (de-)compression) for OOo files"

As I pointed out there, the license in LZO is not
acceptable but instead Google has released "snappy",
a faster compression algorithm that is implemented in C++
with a native Java version available:

I thought you might want to see if it would be a desirable
item for future ODF versions. I know some people in this
list are also committers in OOo so feel free to close that
issue if there is no interest.

View raw message