incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: First release feature set (earlier -- Re: Merge of ODFDOM DOC package and Simple API)
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:14:32 GMT
Establishing a snapshot first strikes me as a good idea.  It establishes
a base corresponding to the code contribution.  Then all further
development is accounted for in a clean way.

Whether the snapshot is the first release or not is a separate question.
Having the snapshot allows the question to be addressed.

It also works through the incubator release process.  That will provide
useful guidance to the preparation of further releases.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Svante Schubert [mailto:svante.schubert@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 05:51
To: odf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: First release feature set (earlier -- Re: Merge of ODFDOM DOC package and Simple
API)

[ ... ]

I suggest that we do only a SNAPSHOT release first. Keeping all the
sources from the former ODF Toolkit and doing no functionality changes.
In the following we refactor what we can to stabilize the structure of
the sources. For instance, split-up an own package JAR.
After that we might focus on a feature release, e.g. ODF
encryption/signature.

Does this suit everyone?
Svante