incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Confirm the change set will be included in the first release.
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 18:35:50 GMT

I think it is important to reproduce stability first, with the mandatory Apache changes, then
proceed with more on a normal operating basis.

It might make new work trickier unless it is kept independent of the releasable source tree
and easily later.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [] 
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:17
Subject: Re: Confirm the change set will be included in the first release.

[ ... ]

We can't do any release until we've done the IP review, including
updating the headers, the NOTICE file, etc.  I believe this is an
Apache requirement.

A good overview of the Apache requirements is here:

I'd support the idea of making an Apache release of the code we have
now, doing the work necessary to meet the Apache requirements, but not
making any functional changes to the code.

On the other hand, we're waiting for the Oracle SGA right now.  So I'm
not sure we can make much progress on the header cleanup until we get
that.  According to this page we are not supposed to change the
headers until we have permission from the copyright owner:

What we can do now, is make progress in areas like:

1) A script to build the combined release archives for the project

2) Drafting combined release notes, or maybe a top level release note
that points to component-specific release notes?

3) Maybe unified JavaDoc?

4) Merge of ODFDOM and Simple API could also be done, I think.  Or
next release.  I don't have strong preference.

5) We need to agree on an initial version number for the release.
Apache ODF Toolkit version X.X ?


> Regards,
> Svante

View raw message