incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Biao Han <hanb...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ODF Toolkit: Existing Infrastructure
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:49:37 GMT
Ansgar Konermann <ansgar.konermann@googlemail.com> wrote on 2011-08-17
04:44:41:

> From: Ansgar Konermann <ansgar.konermann@googlemail.com>
> To: odf-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: 2011-08-17 04:46
> Subject: Re: ODF Toolkit: Existing Infrastructure
>
> Am 16.08.2011 17:37 schrieb "Rob Weir" <apache@robweir.com>:
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com>
> wrote:

> > > Do you know what syntax it supports? If you can get a page listing
the
> > > syntax, I'd suggest comparing it against the confluence one, the
> moinmoin
> > > one, and markdown
> > >

> > Syntax is here:
> http://odftoolkit.org/projects/help/pages/Wikis#Wiki_Formatting
> >
> > Looks like this is MediaWiki.

> > > This will need to be switched to SVN, with an read only git repo
> available
> > > too. No reason why people can't use the hg svn integration to keep
> working
>
> > > on hg locally if they want to, but SVN will need to be the canonical
> store
>
> Apache announced initial support for git a week ago or so, at least for
beta
> usage. As git is very similar to hg (dvcs), we should really push ASF to
> allow odf toolkit to pilot git usage. I'm convinced a dvcs will
facilitate
> contributing to odftoolkit a lot, so please let's at least *try* to get a
> dvcs right from the start.
>
> I know two of my co workers have a number of patches ready for
contribution
> to simple api, but going back to svn will likely distract them.
You can submit the patched to the bugzilla before we change to SVN and I
will review and push.
Another way, after move to SVN, you can send the patches to me, I will help
you fixed it.

Actually, hg can work with subversion repositories with the help of
HgSubversion, a third-party tool dedicated to convenient Subversion
interoperability. Please reference:
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/WorkingWithSubversion
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/HgSubversion

So, please go ahead. We are looking forward to your patches ;)