incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject ODF Toolkit: Existing Infrastructure
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:04:13 GMT
The ODF Toolkit Union hosts its projects using Sun's Kenai
infrastructure.  This is a forge-like site, with multiple
independently run projects, three of which (the Java based ones) are
moving into this new Apache project.

Each project had the following available:

1)  a wiki (no idea what application this is underneath -- might be
specific to Kenai)

2) a directory for website consisting of static HTML files

3)  a discussion forum

4) a shared issue tracker (Bugzilla)

5) a downloads file manager

6) A Mercurial repository

ODFDOM and the Conformance tools use the wiki has its primary home
page.   Simple JavaAPI uses the wiki for release notes, but has a
separate main home page.

ODFDOM and the Conformance tools doe not have user forums.   Simple
API does, but they are not really used.  The user mailing list is
where the main engagement with users occurs.

There are around 400 total issues in Bugzilla (in all states) and
maybe 40 wiki pages.

I'd like to see if we can try to think of this as a single project,
with a single home page (of course, with detailed pages for each
component), with a user user list, single dev list, single repository,
etc.  The amount of content is not very much.  So worst case, we could
migrate the wiki with cut & paste.

-Rob

http://odftoolkit.org/projects/help/pages/Wikis#Wiki_Formatting