incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: List of code base needed to convert from Mercurial to SVN
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 13:49:07 GMT
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Devin Han <devinhan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have converted the repository of Simple API from Mercurical  to SVN with
> the help of  the modified shell script I mentioned before.  The other code
> bases will be converted later.

Great!

I can help review this if you upload the dumpfile.

1) svnadmin dump file:///local-repo > dumpfile

2) gzip or zip the dumpfile

3) Upload someplace, maybe to ODF Toolkit Union website

4) I can then download and load the dumpfile into a local respository.

> In order to avoid omit, it is necessary to make sure the code base list with
> your guys.

Today we have a separate Hg repository per project, right?  Or is it
possible to clone the entire project, via
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/ ?

In the end we want to end up with a single SVN repository at Apache.

What will be easier to accomplish this:

1) Combine everything into a single Hg project and then convert to SVN?

or

2) Convert separate Hg projects to SVN and then merge them together in SVN?

Which makes it easier to preserve history?

In SVN our root will be:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/odf/

So we'll want a directory structure for the trunk that looks like:

/odf/trunk/component1
/odf/trunk/component2
/odf/trunk/component3, etc.

I know we may merge ODFDOM and Simple API into a single component, but
that will require more time.  So let's not worry about that right now.
 We should treat them as separate components for now.

<snip>

> 5.AODL - the .Net module of the ODFToolkit (Revision 13):
> https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/aodl~developer

We are not bringing the C#/.NET AODL component to Apache.    Also, I
think Svante had some additional work he wanted to complete on the
conformance component, in the ODF Toolkit Union, before moving that
repository.  So we should coordinate with him on that.

> BTW: How can I merge these code bases to Apache SVN? Create dumps and
> request the help of the admin by JIRA issue?

What I did for OpenOffice project was this:

1) Create a local SVN repository that had the repository exactly as I
wanted it, with the correct directory structure for the podling.

2) I created a dumpfile, zipped it up and posted it for the project to review.

3) Other project members downloaded the dump file and verified that it
was correct

4) I created a JIRA issue requesting that the dump file get loaded
into SVN.  You can see that issue here and what information I
provided: