incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: List of code base needed to convert from Mercurial to SVN
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 07:24:47 GMT
2011/8/30 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

> Also, to get this all into a single repository we need to agree on a
> directory structure.  When we do an svn adminload we can specify a
> parent directory (-parent-dir) , so we can do that to work around the
> conflicts.
>
> One solution is to load each dumpfile into its own directory, like:
>
> /odf/trunk/generator
> /odf/trunk/odfdom
> /odf/trunk/simple
> /odf/trunk/old-generator
> /odf/trunk/taglets
> /odf/trunk/validator
> /odf/trunk/xslt-runner
> /odf/trunk/generator-task
>
> For example:
>
>  svadmin -parent-dir /odf/trunk/generator ./odf-toolkit-repos <
> generator_svn_dump
>
>  svadmin -parent-dir /odf/trunk/odfdom ./odf-toolkit-repos <
> odfdom_svn_dump
>
> and so on.
>
> Then when we have one big combined load repository, we can create one
> big dumpfile for it, and that would be what we sent to Apache Infra
> team.
>
> The big dump file has been upload to  devinhan@people.apache.org  and the
new file name is odf-svn-dump.zip.
The directory structure follows your comment before. Please download and
un-zip it, then help me test it again.
         svnadmin load apache-odf-svn < odf-svn-dump
If the load process failed, please try once more. I faced this issue several
times when created dump files. There is no proplem with the dump file,
should be caused by svn repository.

That is the "quick and dirty" approach.  Once imported, and after some

--
-Devin