incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Devin Han <devin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SVN] Structure (was Re: List of code base needed to convert from Mercurial to SVN)
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 06:25:48 GMT
2011/8/27 Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org>

> Another place to put SVN dump files is on an account@people.apache.orgwhere others can
reach it.  This is apparently one way to deliver to Apache
> Infrastructure when the time comes. (Did you do that with the OpenOffice.org
> Head, Rob?)
>
> Because of potentially separate projects having separate releases, it might
> be useful to consider,
>
> /odf/simple/trunk/...
> /odf/toolkit/trunk/...
> /odf/subproject3/trunk/...
>
> and the peers of each trunk are releases or, if you prefer the /tag and
> /branch structures that hold such things.  (I favor releases being siblings
> of trunk, but that's not typical.)
>
> My criterion is that /trunk/ and its peers are where the license and notice
> files show up applicable to the particular releasable,
> configurable/buildable/deployable component.
>
> As fa as I know, ODF Toolkit has 4 subproject and 9 code bases. The list as
bellow:
1.ODFDOM
   Code Generation (Revision 27):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/odfdom~schema2template
   Code Generation(deprecated) (Revision 153):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/odfdom~relaxng2template
   ODFDOM Developer Repository(Revision 133):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/odfdom~developer
   JavaDoc Taglets(Revision 37): https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/odfdom~taglets

2.Simple API (Revision 105):https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/simple~code-base

3.Conformance Tools
ODF Validator (Revision 34):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/conformancetools~odf-validator-src
ODF Validator is also available as an online service, but we don't have the
code of this component.

4.XSLT Runner
ODF XSLT Runner (Revision 67):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/conformancetools~odf-xslt-runner-src
ODF XSLT Runner Task (Revision 18):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/conformancetools~odf-xslt-runner-task-src

5.AODL - the .Net module of the ODFToolkit (Revision 13):
https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/aodl~developer

There are two code base for ODFDOM dom element and attribute generation,
Code Generation and Code Generation(deprecated). Both of them are only used
by ODFDOM developer for dom and package layers code generation. Should not
be included in the release jar of ODFDOM. And Code Generation(deprecated)
has been deprecated we will not use it in future code, just keeping the code
history for possible use.
JavaDoc Taglets is used by ODFDOM for JavaDoc tag.
The combine of ODFDOM  and SImple API has been accepted by most people.
Based on these reasons I suggest ODFDOM Developer Repository,  Simple API
and JavaDoc Taglets merged as a single respository.  Code Generation should
be kept single.
Conformance Tools and XSLT Runner  can keep no change.
We don't consider AODL now.
So the final code base structure should be ODFDOM&SIMPLE&Taglets,  Code
Generation, Code Generation(deprecated),  ODF Validator, ODF XSLT Runner and
ODF XSLT Runner Task, six code bases.

Something I've been experimenting with that might be useful to you.

>  - Dennis

devinhan@people.apache.org. When finish, I will post another message to
explain it.

> > In order to avoid omit, it is necessary to make sure the code base list
> with
> > your guys.
> >

> Today we have a separate Hg repository per project, right?  Or is it
> possible to clone the entire project, via
> https://hg.odftoolkit.org/hg/ ?
>
> I tested this way, but it doesn't work. So I converted and dumped them
separately.

In the end we want to end up with a single SVN repository at Apache.

--
-Devin