incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [SVN] Structure (was Re: List of code base needed to convert from Mercurial to SVN)
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:52:47 GMT

On Aug 26, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Another place to put SVN dump files is on an account@people.apache.org where others can
reach it.  This is apparently one way to deliver to Apache Infrastructure when the time comes.
(Did you do that with the OpenOffice.org Head, Rob?)

> Because of potentially separate projects having separate releases, it might be useful
to consider,

> /odf/simple/trunk/...
> /odf/toolkit/trunk/...
> /odf/subproject3/trunk/...
>
> and the peers of each trunk are releases or, if you prefer the /tag and /branch structures
that hold such things.  (I favor releases being siblings of trunk, but that's not typical.)

> My criterion is that /trunk/ and its peers are where the license and notice files show
up applicable to the particular releasable, configurable/buildable/deployable component.

> Something I've been experimenting with that might be useful to you.

Is the plan to release separately for each component, or should we keep each component on
its own release schedule?

If it is separate then Dennis's structure makes more sense. If not then the odf/trunk/ makes
more sense.

Regards,
Dave