incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Apache ODF Toolkit mailing lists now live
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:03:07 GMT
I'm here. Thanks Nick!

On Aug 15, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Rob Weir wrote:
>> A quick test to verify that the list is working.  If it is, I'll send a note to the
various ODF Toolkit Union lists tell them that we're live now at Apache.  I'll also give them
instructions for how to sign up for these new Apache lists.  Maybe mention this on the ODF
Toolkit Union website as well?

> I'd say there are a few steps to take:
> * Update the (existing) website to list the new list details
> * Keep the links to the archives of the old lists on the site, so you
>  don't loose the history
> * Email the current lists, and suggest that people subscribe to the new
>  incubator podling lists
> * Stop accepting new posts to the old lists
> * Either forward posts destined to the old lists to the new one, or add an
>  autoresponder to tell people where to resend
>
> You can probably do 1-3 now, the others should likely wait until most people have come
across

>> As a podling, we have some top level decisions to make, things like Bugzilla versus
JIRA, Confluence wiki versus moin moin, markdown website versus something else, etc.  But
I'd like to suggest that we first take a few days to make sure the community has had time
to move to the new lists.

> IP clearance/grants also need doing, and can take a while, so you may wish to start the
ball rolling on those too

> In the mean time, could someone perhaps summarise the current setup of websites, code,
wiki, issues etc, which everyone will likely want to refer to when trying to decide what to
move to