incubator-odf-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject FW: [ODFPlugtest] Heads-Up: Correcting URIs for SHA256
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:13:22 GMT
FYI

 - Dennis

PS: The recommended approach is being introduced into a forthcoming release of LibreOffice.

-----Original Message-----
From: plugtest-bounces@opendocsociety.org [mailto:plugtest-bounces@opendocsociety.org] On
Behalf Of Dennis E. Hamilton
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 00:46
To: 'ODF Plugfest mailinglist'
Subject: [ODFPlugtest] Heads-Up: Correcting URIs for SHA256

There are two sets of defects in the ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01 where the incorrect
URIs are specified for identifying the SHA256 digest algorithm.

I can't submit a bug anywhere because I don't think anyone is producing these yet.

Here are the JIRA issues:

<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3702> for the incorrect values in
table:protection-key-digest-algorithm and text:protection-key-digest-algorithm in ODF 1.2
Part 1.

<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3708> for the incorrect values in
manifest:start-key-generation-name in Part 3.

These are set to be fixed in an ODF 1.2 Errata 01.  I foresee no reason that they won't be
corrected.

 - Dennis

It might be prudent, in any implementation of the corresponding attributes that handles SHA256,
to accept both forms but only produce the correct one.  There can be some resiliency tests
about these, but I need to upgrade document-forensic tools first.