incubator-nuvem-dev mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Restructure code base and enhance Maven support for GAE samples
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 07:30:56 GMT
On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino
<jsdelfino@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Sagara Gunathunga
> <sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jean ,
>>
>> I have integrated nuvem-parallel module into main build cycle using
>> exec-maven-plugin  so that Python tests can be executed using this
>> plugin.
>
> Very cool. Thanks!
>
>> I'm not sure what would be the preferable archive  format for
>> Python. At the moment this sub module create empty .JAR files but I
>> think you can configure Assembly plug in to archive .py files.
>>

> The Python docs list the usual formats for source distributions [1]
> and binary distributions [2]. It shouldn't be too difficult to produce
> such a distro, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort yet until we
> figure the structure of the overall nuvem distro. On the other hand if
> anybody wants to try and do it, just go ahead :)
>
> [1] http://docs.python.org/distutils/sourcedist.html
> [2] http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html

I went through above references , basically we need to execute another
Py script to generate Py distro so again we can use Maven
exec-maven-plugin to execute this Py script during the package phase.
I also agree with you , we can configure this in later stage once we
have enough deliverables.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga