incubator-nuvem-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple parallel programming components
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 04:16:51 GMT
On 02/10/2011 11:08 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:
> Maybe we can have components that implement the patterns in this proxy toys project:
>
> http://proxytoys.codehaus.org/
>
> Sent from my iPad

Yeah that looks interesting too, in particular the Echo, Failover,
Future, Multicasting and Pool proxies could be useful in a Web-scale
parallel computing environment.

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 10:40 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino<jsdelfino@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've been thinking about writing a few simple components to help program parallel
apps on the cloud platforms that we're targeting in Nuvem.

>> I'm starting with very basic building blocks that just return simple values or lists,
and can run lists elements through filter, map or reduce application components.

>> I'm writing them in Python for now as I find it easier (and they can also run on
the JVM with Jython) but it'd be nice to have native Java components too at some point.

>> I'm planning to commit this stuff under a nuvem-parallel directory, starting this
evening, and will try to write a few more components this weekend when I find spare time.

--
Jean-Sebastien