From "Lars Corneliussen // Zen" ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject AW: Determining next steps for the NPanday
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:24:41 GMT

Von: shaposhnik@gmail.com [mailto:shaposhnik@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Roman Shaposhnik
Gesendet: Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2014 19:29
An: npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Determining next steps for the NPanday

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM, David Akehurst <dave@akehurst.net> wrote:
> I would like it to stay
> I have done some development for it

Please note that retirement doesn't make source code go away -- it will still be available
for you to use and hack on.

Retirement is ASF's way of telling outside world that even though source is still there and
available, the community is gone. Now, as I said, the measure of the community "being there"
could be interpreted as *at the very least* having 3 active participants since all decisions
would require 3 votes minimum.

Not sure if NPanday has that, but would love to be contradicted.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Finally, should 3 active participants show up after the retirement, reviving the project
takes very little time.
Hence its not like a permanent state of things.