From "Lars Corneliussen // Zen" ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject AW: Maven release gives error on multi-module project
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 09:00:31 GMT
Do you mix the versions 1.4 and 1.5?

I'm pretty sure we have some bugs around the release lifecycle in NPanday 1.5, though this
one seems strange

But shouldn't maven resolve the project.version?
@Brett, any idea?

@Octavian: Could you provide a zip file (if your example project is real :-))

_
Lars

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Octavian [mailto:h.octavian@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. November 2014 15:21
An: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Maven release gives error on multi-module project

Hello again,
I use org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-compile-plugin:1.4.0-incubating
and org.apache.npanday.plugins:maven-resgen-plugin:1.5.0-internal (I released locally the
version 1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT) for my multi-module project.

If I run "mvn clean install" it goes to success, but when I try to release with "mvn -Dresume=false
-DautoVersionSubmodules=true -DpreparationGoals="clean install" release:clean release:prepare
release:perform" it fails at module B because it can't get the dependency module A. The compile
plugin doesn't resolve Maven variables and it tries to download com.example:A:dll:${project.version}

ex:
Inside pom.xml from module B
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.example</groupId>
            <artifactId>A</artifactId>
            <version>${project.version}</version>
            <type>dll</type>
        </dependency>

Why at install phase the NPanday compile plugin finds A dependency, but at release time it
don't?

Thanks,
Octavian