From "Lars Corneliussen // Zen" ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject AW: NPanday compile plugin doesn't get dll dependencies
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 08:55:05 GMT
Hi Octavian,

sorry for not replying earlier.

In 1.5 we changed the artifact types to start with a "dotnet-".
http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/guide/advanced/project-types.html

I'm not sure if we ever supported "dll" explicitly. The thing is, that maven would usually
try to resolve the artifact by using the type as a file extension if the no plugin kicks in
with a custom resolve logic or type to file extension mapping.

But it might be that in 1.5.0 we still "sort out" dependencies we don't explicitly know the
type of.

What does the error look like? Is the artifact resolved, but then not passed to the compiler,
or is the error at resolve time?

_
Lars

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Octavian [mailto:h.octavian@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. November 2014 11:34
An: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: NPanday compile plugin doesn't get dll dependencies

Hello,
The maven-compile-plugin with the version "1.4.0-incubating" works if I put a dependency as
the one below:

       <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.logging</groupId>
            <artifactId>log4net</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
            <type>dll</type>
        </dependency>

The pom file of this library is with packaging "dll".

The version "1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT" doesn't bring this dll and the install phase fails
with:
The type or namespace name 'log4net' could not be found (are you missing a using directive
or an assembly reference?)

Interesting is that if I use "<type>library</type>" for the above dependency it
builds with success.

So why the behaviour changed between 1.4.0-incubating and 1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT?
Now I have to change the dependencies from type "dll" to type "library"?

Thanks,
Octavian

PS: I need to use 1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT because of a fix on maven-resgen-plugin