From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building an executable from modules
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:56:03 GMT
While I have since found another solution to my problem, in my research
I learned that the way to suppress execution of a plugin was to use

<executions>
   <execution>
     <phase>none</phase>
   </execution>
</executions>

so I am wondering why that did not work. How should I override the
execution of the maven-compile-plugin?

What does the maven-link-plugin do. Do you mean you have to add an
explicit <execution> for it to work?

Cheers, Eric

On 4/10/2014 7:22 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 9 Apr 2014, at 12:24 am, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to figure out how to build an executable from modules. Does anyone have
any example projects that do this.
> I haven't tried this, but can notice a couple of things in the examples:
>
>>     elevate-exe (dotnet-executable,depends on elevate-common and elevate-module)
> This still has a lifecycle that includes compile, but not link:
>
> https://github.com/apache/npanday/blob/trunk/plugins/maven-compile-plugin/src/main/groovy/npanday/plugin/compile/CompileLifecycleMap.groovy#L66
>
> This means that:
>
>> <plugin>
>> <groupId>org.apache.npanday.plugins</groupId>
>> <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
>> <version>1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> <extensions>true</extensions>
>> <executions>
>> <execution>
>> <phase>none</phase>
>> </execution>
>> </executions>
>> </plugin>
> This is an additional execution, not an override.
>
>> <plugin>
>> <groupId>org.apache.npanday.plugins</groupId>
>> <artifactId>maven-link-plugin</artifactId>
>> <version>1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> <extensions>true</extensions>
>> <configuration>
>> <frameworkVersion>4.0</frameworkVersion>
>> <parameters>
>> <parameter>/target:exe</parameter>
>> <parameter>/out:elevate.exe</parameter>
>> <parameter>/main:Elevate.Main</parameter>
>> </parameters>
>> </configuration>
>> </plugin>
> There is no execution for this configuration.
>
> Perhaps you need to use a bare lifecycle like the one from custom-lifecycle-plugin, add
the link and attach the artifact?