From "Lars Corneliussen // Zen" ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject AW: Building an executable from modules
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:00:57 GMT
Well, I think if all you want is a simple exe, you are better off with just
using visual studio and run the build from there... or via msbuild.

NPanday is overkill then.

But it pays of for bigger projects :-)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Eric Kolotyluk [mailto:eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. April 2014 18:06
An: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Building an executable from modules

OK, after several days of intense, and I mean very intense, frustration,
here is what I have concluded:

http://kolotyluk.github.io/open-source/2014/04/09/hassling-dotnet.html

Because I know how to easily create an uber-jar assembly in Java, I falsely
concluded there was an equivalent way to do the same in .Net.

It is also compelling to want .Net software builds with NPanday to be
similar to Java software builds in Maven, but the reality is that there will
always be some serious differences in these processes. Still, my hope that
NPanday/Maven can increasingly reduce these differences in many areas, and I
look forward to a day where NPanday graduates from incubating to be fully
supported with the rest of Maven.

Cheers, Eric