From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Web site project & relative paths in solution
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 01:35:58 GMT
Thanks Brett - that's very helpful.

~P

> From: brett@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Web site project & relative paths in solution
> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:20:17 +1100
> To: npanday-users@incubator.apache.org
>
> Hi Prescott,
>
> Unfortunately I don't think that'll be supported by the project importer, but you could
generate them for a similar project and then reconfigure the POMs for the other project. More
info:
> http://incubator.apache.org/npanday/docs/1.4.0-incubating/guide/reference/supported-dir-structures.html
>
> This is just a matter of Maven working best with structures that don't traverse higher
than the top level project.

> Hope that makes sense!
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> On 17/10/2012, at 9:21 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> > I've run into two issues.
> > 1. If my solution includes web site projects, when attempting to generate POM files,
i receive the error "The given path's format is not supported"
> > 2. If I remove the web site projects, I still get an error "the path contains '..'".
It seems like it's choking on the relative paths in the solution for some reason. Note my
solution has to traverse up to locate other projects, ie project 1 is at "..\..\project1\project1.csproj"
relative.