From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPanday-Visual studio plugin
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:07:49 GMT

Sorry for the late response.

On 26/12/2011, at 7:00 AM, François Thillen wrote:

> Dear NPanday Team
>

> I want to ask you a question about the NPanday plugin.
>

> I wanted to add a dependency from maven central but I had some problems with
> it. First, I added the maven central repository url over “Configure
> Repository” (Add Maven Aritfact). Second, I clicked on the Remote tab and
> wanted to add the reference but here weren’t any listed.

I've just done some work to improve this on trunk - hopefully it will improve in future. IT
does work in 1.4.0, but is fussy - try the right trailing / on the URL, that "releases" is
checked, and check that the settings.xml contains what you'd expect.

> So I tried to add
> it manual to the pom and the build/install worked, the dll was added to the
> target folder but in Visual studio, the reference wasn’t listed and it was
> impossible to run the code. Is there any way to solve this problem?

The addin is not bidirectional from the POM - it keeps the POM up to date with the VS project,
but not vice-versa. However, given you've now resolved the artifact, you can probably get
it added in one of two ways:
- add it as a maven artifact, using the local tab
- add it as a reference, pointing to the file obtained in the local repository or target directory

They should stay in sync after that.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter