From Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPanday Visibility
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:17:19 GMT
+1 to Brett!
I had to convince my coworkers on adopting Maven just showing them it
works in our existing for .NET projects without changing their
software (I'm a .NET/Mono ignorant), otherwise they were looking for
native .NET build systems - what helped me was indeed the dependency
management.
You know, developers are always reluctant to massive news, so rather
then "Maven for .NET" NPanday should sound more like ".NET
dependencies management" :P
just my 2 cents, all the best!
Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> Currently the site is a bit oriented towards "Maven users who want to build .NET projects".
Perhaps we need some HOWTO's titled ".NET dependency management", oriented more at bringing
NPanday's capability to the conventional .NET user?

> On 09/11/2011, at 5:05 AM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I got a comment on my blog:
>>
>>> Hi, I think, it’s a great project! Please, make this project more visible,
we are using Maven for Java and we searched for “.net dependency management”. All we found
was some alpha projects at codplex (refix and crude have around 30 downloads). After an extensive
search we have found NuGet and OpenWrap. I have found this project completely accidentally!!!
It would be really useful to get least some google hits to npanday on the first page….