From Anthony Whitford <anth...@whitford.com>
Subject AssemblyInfo.cs Best Practices
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 06:33:44 GMT
I'm looking for an explanation for how AssemblyInfo.cs is supposed to be managed.
It contains version information, that ideally be synchronized with the pom.xml -- and I see
that the act of building may result in a modification of the AssemblyInfo.cs file -- which
is odd to me since this file is considered source, and source shouldn't really be modified
during a build process.
I was also surprised to see it set the version to "1.3-SNAPSHOT" which matches the pom, but
doesn't fit into the Microsoft version model.

I wondered if there was a plugin designed to generate AssemblyInfo.cs, rather than manage
it as a pure source file.

I wondered if anybody leveraged "build-helper:parse-version" and resource filtering to manage
the AssemblyInfo.cs content:
  http://mojo.codehaus.org/build-helper-maven-plugin/parse-version-mojo.html

Is there a standard location that AssemblyInfo.cs should live?

Thanks,

Anthony