From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wildcard includeSource
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 03:06:48 GMT

On 18/09/2011, at 4:29 AM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:

> Is there some way to wildCard the <includeSource> element? I have a project in
which the source is generated by another phase in another project in Maven, so there are source
files being added and deleted all the time. It is really not convenient to have to itemize
ever source file in the <configuration> element, but I noticed that if I don't the sources
do not get compiled.

> I cannot seem to find any documentation on the <includedSources> and <includedSource>
elements.

> On the other hand, maven-compile-plugin seems to know to copy all the sources found to
the target directory anyway, but only the ones in the <includedSources> element actually
get compiled.

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to wildcard it. You would be interested in voting
for: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NPANDAY-210

What you can do is omit it altogether - that will then use /recurse. Given your source directory
is ./ the thing you will need to avoid is having any source code you weren't expecting to
be in a subdirectory, including target.

> As an aside, why is it named maven-compile-plugin instead of maven-compiler-plugin like
for Java?

I don't think there was a particular reason - maybe accidental, and now retained for historical
reasons.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter