From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tired of wagon
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:42:18 GMT

On 24/09/2011, at 8:00 AM, Eric Kolotyluk wrote:

> OK, I do not understand why this is failing. Why do I keep seeing wagon: when it should
be looking in my Nexus respository?

> There seems to be a problem resolving net.sf.jni4net:jni4net.n:dotnet-library:0.8.5.1
and com.kodak.intersystem.dotnet:intersystem-jni4net:dotnet-library:0.0.2-SNAPSHOT

> but those artifacts are in my local repository, they are also in my Nexus repository,
and if I look in P:\Intersystem\main\platform.NET\intersystem-service\target I can see both
intersystem-jni4net.dll & jni4net.n.dll

> I am really confused as to what is happening. Is it a configuration problem, or an NPanday
bug?

Ok, I was finally able to trace through to where this might be coming from.

It seems one of your POMs is using a com_reference, and the current code processes them without
looking in the locations provided by npanday-settings.xml. As a result, you need to have both
"tlbimp" and "reg" in your PATH. Is that the case?

If they are in the path, they are failing when called but the output is being swallowed. I've
added some more debug logging for the next release to try and help some more with this. You
can find instructions on the site for building the version from trunk if you need to try it.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org