From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPanday 1.4.0-incubating Installation Help Please?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:08:09 GMT

On 26/08/2011, at 11:02 PM, Karen Ackroyd wrote:

> I have installed the NPanday's Maven plugin successfully as I see the expected output.
> Installing the Visual Studio Add-in is failing as I get the error:  The location: http://repo.npanday.org/archiva/repository/npanday-group
appears to be down, getting error 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable.

> I have had some direct help to provide a temporary repository at:
> https://repo.maestrodev.com/archiva/repository/npanday-group/
> but I don't have sufficient experience to make use of it.
>
> I have also tried using the installer without success, its unclear from the information
which elements of the installation this includes. I understand that it requires a Maven installation
which I have, but is this just the Visual Studio plugin or does it include the Maven plugin?

Both - the installer contains the Visual Studio addin and will install all of the Maven elements
into your local repository (.m2\repository under your user profile directory). So everything
will work locally in this scenario.

For a team to be able to use the Maven plugins without the installer, you need to unpack the
repository (found in the same download directory - http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/npanday/binaries/)
into a remote HTTP server that all can access, or reference directly from the URL I gave you.

Could you provide some more detail of what has and hasn't worked so far so we can help with
that?

Regards,
Brett

--