From Lars Corneliussen ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject Re: Trouble Getting Going with 1.4.0
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 15:29:28 GMT
Please see below.

Am 09.05.11 17:06, schrieb Eric Kolotyluk:
> Please see below.
>
> On 2011-05-09 1:55 AM, Lars Corneliussen wrote:
>> Am 09.05.11 05:00, schrieb Eric Kolotyluk:
>>> OK, I added
>>>
>>> <dependency>
>>> <groupId>log4net</groupId>
>>> <artifactId>log4net</artifactId>
>>> <version>1.2.10.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>> <name>Log for .Net</name>
>>> </dependency>
>> Just interested: Where is this dependency located? Do we have it
>> uploaded somewhere?  Did you build and upload it somewhere?
> I have no idea where this is located - I thought the point of Maven
> and having a central repository was I should not have to care.
>
> I took the XML from some place I found on a Google search, hoping that
> if someone else had used it, then it might work for me.
This is years ago :-)
http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/How-to-make-manual-artifacts-using-classifiers-td328342.html

We do not maintain a repository with all open source artifacts, like
Maven Central. This had to be done by each individual project, as it is
been done in Java.

Again, adoption is not broad enough.

So we find ourselves deploying things we need in our private enterprise
repository (Archiva, Artifactory or Nexus). Then we can decide ourselves
on group ids, e.g.

Visual Studio/MS just released Nuget, which already has quite some libs
online. It also comes with dependency management. We plan to integrate
with the nuget Gallery in some future version. (like Sonatype Tycho
integrates with Eclipse p2-Repos)

>>> to my POM, but if I try to do a build I get
>>>
>>>    Error in Starting Maven Process: Value cannot be null.
>>>    Parameter name: path1
>> Could you provide a stack trace?
>
> Where would I find the stack trace?
>
> By the way, whenever I start Visual Studio I keep getting the
> following message

I have seen that before, but I can't remember what the reason was. Maybe
/_*Joe or liit*_/ can help?

>>> I still cannot believe how hard this is to get working.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try next.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Eric

It