From Lars Corneliussen ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject Re: Trouble Getting Going with 1.4.0
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 08:54:28 GMT
Hi Eric,

> I've been struggling with NPanday for hours just because I want to try
> to add a dependency to log4net, and I still cannot see any light at
> the end of the tunnel.
>
> It is so much easier to use the Sonatype plugin for Eclipse.

I'm really sorry for the trouble you encounter. And we appreciate your
interest in NPanday.

Though, you can't really compare NPanday and Visual Studio with Maven
and Eclipse (yet). Allthough NPanday is in use by many, it is far from
the broad adoption Maven has in the Java space. Hopefully this will not
stay like it is. That is, what we work for.

Especially the NPanday VS Add-in serves very specific tasks (Project
import, Reference sync). We hope to engage more users, contributors and
committers to help us build a better NPanday.

I personally joined the project in late 2010, because I belive this is
the way to go for building in .NET. But we have still much work to do.

So far, it's been worth it.
> By the way, the file
> npanday-repository-builder-1.4.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz had no npanday
> directory in it, so I'm using the one from the 1.3.1 release.
As liit already mentioned, we changed the group id to
org.apache.npanday. This change was nessecary in order to comply with
apache rules and to get npanday into Maven Central.