From Lars Corneliussen ...@lcorneliussen.de>
Subject Re: cannot get transitive dependencies working
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:35:01 GMT
Hi,

I am not sure about that, but I think you should  use a concrete
reference whenever you compile against something - since you are taking
*direct* dependency on it.

Transitive dependencies will work for runtime or test scope, where
projectB needs projectC in order to run correctly.

_
yours,
Lars

Am 05.04.11 15:28, schrieb Khai Do:
> Hello, Can anybody tell me if transitive dependencies work when using npanday?  I have
a .NET multi module project and have the following simple scenario where transitive dependency
isn't working.  I'm using java 1.6, maven 2.2.1, and npanday-1.3-incubating,

> I have 3 projects: projectA, projectB and projectC.
>
> projectB depends on projectA.  ProjectB and projectA build just fine.    I create projectC
which depends on projectA&  projectB.  When I create my projectC pom.xml  I add projectB
as the only  dependency keeping in mind that maven should pull in projectA through its transitive
dependency mechanism.  However when I build projectC it fails and says that it can't find
classes from projectA.